My Un-Biased Summary: I really like this basic piece of gear, I have made nylon versions previously however this one FEELS nice, it's rubberised finish really adds a different tactile feel over nylon that is generally slippery especially when wet. Extremely happy with the simplicity and overall feel of this item. It's not a gimmick, it actually has a place on a practical rifleman's stock.
Manufacturer: Triad Tactical, Kansas, USA.
Purpose: Protective layer for the front stock area of your rifle stock or chassis to act as a buffer between hard objects.
1. Competition: In some instances, barricade holes are too small for a rear bag or GameChanger, the RFW negates the requirement for a protective medium.
2. Field Firing: Shooting off walls, obstacles and solid objects, minimise additional equipment and time required to set up for a hasty shot. Will interface with a tripod cradle or Hog Saddle without issue.
3. Hunting: Works well shooting off logs and fence posts.
Materials: The RFW is made of a rubberized material that is bonded to the soft/loop side of Velcro. They can be mounted using the strips of sticky backed Velcro (provided) or with the shoelace option(the small size is Velcro only, no shoelace option). The materials are bonded together, not sewn. After bonding they are Laser cut to size and lacing holes cut out. This gives them a clean, low-profile presentation. If you have a traditional wood or fiberglass stock, where the barrel is exposed, we suggest using the sticky strips on these stocks. Once the stock is clean and they are applied, the RFW can easily be placed. A new feature is that the RFW can now be trimmed by the user. We have used a X-Acto and sharp box knife to trim the RFW, making cut-outs for bipod studs, pic rail etc.
Size: 6.5" long x 4.5" wide.
Each RFW includes:
- Rifle Forend Wrap panel
- Shock cord that you can cut to length
- Two Cord Locks for the cord
- Appropriate sticky back Velcro
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT FIT ON YOUR STOCKS, MAKE A PAPER TEMPLATE BASED ON THE SIZE ABOVE.
CUT IT OUT AND PUT IT AROUND YOUR STOCK AND SEE WHAT YOU LIKE THE BEST.
These items are not fire resistant, so please be careful with semi/full auto rates of fire.
The Triad Rifle Forend Wrap is a proprietary product of Triad Tactical, manufactured in the USA.